Weekly Sports Quiz
October 8, 2020
1. WHO WON the 2016 Tour de France?
2. WHICH TEAM did he represent?
3. WHAT IS his nationality?
4. WHICH AUSSIE finished fifth in the overall places?
5. WHICH AUSSIE woman won the 2016 Tour of Chongming Island?
6. AUSTRALIA WON the men’s pursuit of which major world event in March 2016?
7. WHICH AUSSIE sprint cyclist is renowned for his low riding style?
8. WHICH CYCLIST was Australia’s flag bearer at the 2016 Olympics?
9. WHICH RICHMOND (and former Port Adelaide) backman retired midway through the 2016 season?
10. WHICH WEST Coast player holds the record for most career tackles?
11. WHICH MELBOURNE ruckman won All-Australian honours for the first time in 2016?
12. WHICH TEAM failed to qualify for the final series for the first time in four years?
13. WHICH CLUB lost a team record 17 straight matches during the season?
14. AGAINST WHICH team did their long losing run finally end?
15. WHICH CLUB drew the most fans in the regular season?
16. AND WHO had the least attendances?
17. WHO KNOCKED Australia out of the men’s rugby sevens?
18. WHICH COUNTRY won its first ever Olympic medal when it claimed gold in the men’s rugby?
19. WHICH AUSSIE duo won a diving bronze medal?
20. WHO DID the Aussie women beat in the rugby sevens final to claim gold?
21. WHO KNOCKED the Aussie men’s basketball team out of gold medal contention?
22. AND WHICH team then beat them to claim the bronze medal?
23. WHO WAS the only Aussie boxer to win a bout in Rio?
24. IN WHICH equestrian event did the Aussies win bronze?
I’M A FORMER SPORTS PERSON – WHO AM I?
25. I was born on the 30th of July 1966 in Ipswich, Queensland. I grew up playing a sport at Ipswich s Northern Surburbs Tigers alongside my brothers. I was coached at Ipswich Jets in my early days. I became captain of Broncos in 1992 I played for Australia in the Rugby
League World Cup.
1. Chris Froome
2. Team Sky
4. Richie Porte
5. Chloe Hosking
6. The 2016 UCI Track Cycling World Championships
7. Caleb Ewan
8. Anna Meares
9. Troy Chaplin
10. Matt Priddis
11. Max G awn
14. Gold Coast
16. Gold Coast
17. South Africa
19. Maddison Keeney and Anabelle Smith
20. New Zealand
23. Daniel Lewis
25. Allan Langer