Weekly Sports Quiz
August 6, 2020
1. WHOSE RECORD run of scoring at least 10 tries in his previous 10 seasons came to an end in 2016?
2. WHO SET a record for most tries in a season by a front-rower in 2016?
3. WHO WON the award for best NSW player in the 2016 State of Origin series?
4. WHAT IS the award known as?
5. WHICH TWO players did Souths sack within 48 hours of each other for disciplinary breaches?
6. WHICH CLUB broke its season point-scoring record in 2016?
7. WHO SCORED the most tries for the Sydney Roosters in 2016?
8. WHO SCORED 20 tries in the regular season for the Raiders – just two short of the club record?
9. WHO IN 2016 became the first Aussie to win the Dakar Rally?
10. WHICH OTHER race, held in the United Arab Emirates in April, did he also become the first Aussie to win?
11. WHERE WAS the Australian Grand Prix held in March 2016?
12. WHICH DRIVER started the race in pole position?
13. WHICH AUSSIE recorded the fastest lap time?
14. WHICH TEAM did he drive for?
15. WHO WON the race, and what nationality is he?
16. IN WHICH 2016 Formula One race did Daniel Ricciardo take the first pole position of his career?
17. WHAT IS the distance of the Melbourne Cup?
18. INCLUDING THE 2016 event, how many times has the Melbourne Cup been run?
19. WHAT WAS the total prize money for the 2015 Melbourne Cup?
20. WHICH HORSE won the 2016 Melbourne Cup?
21. WHO RODE the winner?
22. WHO TRAINED the winner?
23. WHAT COUNTRY did the winning horse come from?
24. WHO WERE the place-getters?
NAME THE FORMER AFL PLAYER – WHO AM I?
25. I started my career in 1989, and played for 3 clubs, but never played more than 100 games for a single club. My final game was a Grand Final.
1. Manu Vatuvei
2. Ryan James
3. Josh Jackson
4. The Brad Fittler Medal
5. Kirisome Auva’a and Paul Carter
6. Canberra Raiders
7. Latrell Mitchell
8. Jordan Rapana
9. Toby Price
10. The Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge
12. Lewis Hamilton
13. Daniel Ricciardo
14. Red Bull-Tag Heuer
15. Nico Rosberg, German
17. 3200 metres
19. $6.2 million
20. Prince of Penzance
21. Michelle Payne
22. Darren Weir
23. New Zealand
24. Max Dynamite (second) and Criterion (third)
25. Derek Kickett